From our trade floor in downtown Vancouver, British Columbia, we trade energy for terms ranging from hours to days, weeks, months and longer. We work with our customers to create customized energy solutions to meet their specific daily and seasonal energy needs. And to ensure we can always meet our customers’ requirements, we operate one of the largest real-time trading desks in the west, open 24/7, 365 days a year.
Our portfolio of resources is second-to-none, and includes:
- Purchases of energy from a wide variety of energy providers across North America
- Access to BC Hydro’s world-class, integrated 17 000 megawatt electric system -- approximately 12 000 megawatts hydro based
- The highly reliable Canadian Entitlement power from the Columbia River Treaty – totaling approximately 1 200 megawatts of capacity
- Purchases of energy from BC independent power producers (IPPs)
- Substantial transmission positions that enable us to access and move power across markets
- Significant natural gas transportation and storage positions
Our trade activities are supported by sophisticated IT systems that enable us to quickly respond to changing market conditions. And our rigorous credit and risk management policies, combined with our strong contracts, trade policy, compliance and operations teams enhance our reliability as a business partner.
With 29 years in the energy trading and marketing business we’ve outlasted many of our competitors. We have been there from the start, participating in energy industry organizations and associations to help build a vibrant, competitive energy marketplace for the benefit of all market participants.
We are 170 energy industry professionals whose success is built on the quality of our service, our integrity and creativity, and our ability to reliably source and deliver energy products and services.